Thursday, August 14, 2008

Out of touch...


What river? Well, the above picture was shot during the Delaware River Sojourn, where I served as sort of an honorary safety. That was months ago.

Here it is late August and the paddling life lies dormant, but soon to pick up with a few trips here and there on the Delaware. In October I'm leading a series of river trips on the Musconetcong for my former employer Musconetcong Watershed Association. That starts off October 4 with an indoor class at Merrill Creek Nature Center featuring my "virtual tour" of the river and all manner of issues to be discussed concerning the river as a destination for paddlers.

Meanwhile, world events and the countdown to the end of the Bush Fourth Reich have taken a toll on my spirit. Republicans need to shut the fuck up and get out of the way. Slither back to your suburban enclaves and gated communities, or defect to some other party if you have even an ounce of integrity. It doesn't mater where or who, just do it.

You're leaders have lied, plundered, raped, stolen and murdered their way through the past 8 years. Time to give Planet Earth and your fellow countrymen-women a break. Not that I am so confident that Obama and the Dems will be able to undue the massive damage inflicted upon us by Republicans. They could not do worse, that is for sure.

God's Own Party must perish for the rest of us to survive. Prez Wannabee Senator John McBush (Idiot, AZ) is such a sorry-assed NeoCon jerk - desperately trying to get traction with the war hysteria surrounding Georgia and Russia, a situation that was orchestrated by one of his own handlers. The bogus "Maverick" and "Straight Talk" bullshit artist is a loyal soldier of the Military Industrial Complex. DDE, the last decent Republican president warned us and here we are: an Empire of Knuckleheads on the Verge of Collapse.

Here is an entertaining presentation on McBush's voting record (he doesn't show up to vote very often).

How much money did McBush's chief foreign policy advisor earn as a lobbyist and consultant for Georgia's President? (nearly a million).

Check this out.

I am working on the Manifesto for a swell new political party and also my new blog, the later titled "As the Empire Crumbles." The party? Ron Paul meets Ralph Nader. I'm not joshing. More later.

Back to the river...
I've failed to deliver on my promise to write the definitive essay about the Delaware River flood histrionics. I repeat: any day now. If only someone would pay me I'd do it. That's where it's at.

Quote of the day (from last century):

"REPUBLICANS STAND FOR RAW, UNBRIDLED EVIL AND GREED AND IGNORANCE SMOTHERED IN BALLOONS AND RIBBONS. - Frank Zappa